We're fundraising for Children in Need
Having earned more than £972 million since the 1980s when first broadcast on TV, BBC Children in Need is one of our country's biggest charity fundraisers with money helping disadvantaged children and young adults right here in the UK as well as abroad.
Last year's final total was an impressive £60.7 million and organisers are optimistic about surpassing it on Friday 16th November. We're getting in on the act too. We've got our Children in Need fundraising pack and are planning this impressive range of activities:-
- Great Quill Bake Off: Inspired by the baking champions, our amateur bakers are invited to whip up their finest cake creations at home and bring into the office for judging by our sweet-toothed panel. Once the master baker's chosen, all cakes will be sold, obvs.
- Mario Kart Tournament: Our electronic gaming enthusiasts will put their racing skills to the test, taking on the tricky go-karting courses and competing with their colleagues. There'll be several rounds of head-to-head until our winner's crowned.
- Fabulous Brew Boys: Because we're always trying out innovative fundraising ideas, this is a new feature to our regular Children in Need antics. Our MD, Julian Bryan, will be making brews for everyone in our Manchester office. In Liverpool, it'll be Tom Wormald, Client Services Director, brewing up for our team.
- PJ Day: Every Friday's dress-down anyway but next week's a little special with employees allowed to come to work in their pyjamas or onesies. Not only is it easier getting ready in the morning and more comfortable at work, we're raising cash for charity too!
- Duck Race: We're running a sweepstake so our staff can pick a duck, watch the races online and win prizes in the process. It's a modern take on the traditional hook-a-duck concept!
- Raffle: With an amazing line-up of prizes donated from neighbouring companies, our raffle will once again see several winning people leave work very happy indeed that day!
- Big Fat Quiz: Our ruthless quizmasters are currently compiling some of the hardest general knowledge questions known to humankind in an attempt to really test our quizzers' grey matter.
Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages on the day to discover our final fundraising total. If you're holding your own Children in Need events, happy fundraising!