Interactive is compatible with MTD for VAT!
Posted: 28th March, 2019
Our Interactive software is now listed by HMRC as compatible with Making Tax Digital for VAT
. In case you missed our earlier guidance about how to prepare for MTD, please go through these six steps:-
1. Check your VAT number is recorded correctly under the 'Company Profiles' section of your Interactive Cloud software.
2. Check your VAT quarters agree with HMRC; you can do this by logging into your HMRC VAT account and making sure it reconciles with the 'Maintain Financial Year' table within the Utilities section in Interactive Accounts.
3. Does the person submitting have an Interactive Cloud account and do they know their login details?
The new Making Tax Digital application is cloud based and is located in Interactive Cloud. Each individual in your practice involved in preparing through to submitting your VAT returns must have their own unique and valid Interactive licence.
4. Decide who needs access and the level of their access.
The new MTD for VAT application has four different levels of access:-
- View VAT return
- Make adjustments and prepare VAT return for internal approval
- Authorise a VAT return for submission
- Submit a VAT return
Please email our MTD licencing department
to confirm the names of the user(s) who need access to the above. It's possible for one user to have access to all four levels.
5. Ensure you know your Government Gateway login details.
When you start submitting your VAT using MTD you'll need your Government Gateway credentials.
6. Register for MTD at this time ONLY if you submit your own VAT returns.
Unfortunately, HMRC is still having difficulties making it possible for some Agents, including Quill, to submit VAT returns as your approved Agent. Therefore, if you’re using our Pinpoint outsourced cashiering service
to submit your VAT return, please don’t yet sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT. All other clients should sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT here
at their earliest convenience. If you use our Pinpoint service and would like your legal cashier to start submitting VAT on your behalf, please contact Mike Bates, Pinpoint Operations Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Making Tax Digital for VAT becomes mandatory for your first VAT period from 1st April 2019. If you submit quarterly, use this ready reckoner to check when you first need to submit your VAT return using MTD for VAT compatible software:-
||Submission window using MTD for VAT compatible software
|April to June
||1st July to 7th August 2019
|May to July
||1st August to 7th September 2019
|June to August
||1st September to 7th October 2019
For clients submitting monthly, your first VAT period for which you need to submit your VAT return is April 2019. You'll need to submit your VAT return using MTD for VAT compatible software between 1st May and 7th June 2019.