Front End Developer
REPORTING TO: Technical Director
WORK LOCATION: Flexible - depending on proficiency/skill level
SALARY: £40k - £45k - dependent on experience
The successful candidate will be developing React components using TypeScript with Linting, managing component state with Redux and consuming APIs written by our backend team. You must be eager to learn, share your own ideas and create intuitive responsive UIs you can be proud of.
WHY JOIN QUILL?
Quill provides cloud based applications and specialised outsourcing services to UK law firms and, now that we’re handling over 3 million web requests per day from an increasing user base, we have ambitious development plans for the future. Our research and development team are based in Brighton North Laine with some developers working remotely. Operational teams (support, finance etc) are based in our headquarters in Manchester.
- Libraries: React, Redux, Material UI
- Design: Responsive
- Version control & issue tracking: Github
- Auth mechanisms: OpenID, JSON Web Tokens
- Consuming RESTful APIs
- Self motivated
- Excellent communication skills including listening, explaining, writing and illustrating
- Ability to grasp business requirements and translate them into intuitive user interfaces
- Good problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable
- Developing intuitive and responsive user-facing features using React.js and consuming APIs where appropriate
- Translating designs and wireframes into testable and reusable components
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across many browsers, devices and viewport sizes
- Maintaining consistent coding standards
- Maintaining consistent product look and feel
- Security awareness: we are governed by strict data protection rules
- Continuously improve your understanding of Quill’s domain
- Close collaboration with other Quill teams like our testing (Q&A) team
- Occasional travel to Quill’s regional branches in Brighton, Manchester and Liverpool
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your CV to the Quill Recruitment Team at Barclay House, 35 Whitworth Street West, Manchester M1 5NG or email.