Firms and individuals practising in Birmingham and surrounding areas are invited to submit nominations in one of several award categories. Nominations will be judged by an experienced panel of independent judges comprising leading figures from law, business and academia, and presented in a black-tie ceremony at the ICC.
- Submission deadline: 10th January 2022 (now closed)
- Ceremony date: 31st March 2022 – The ICC, Broad Street, Birmingham
“The search is on to identify the leading professionals and firms working in and on insurance claims. The British Claims Awards champion Claims as a Service across insurance. The event celebrates the achievements and progress made by the leading professionals in the sector on behalf of their clients. The event is open to every organisation within the insurance claims space, from insurers and brokers to law firms and barristers. Categories include:
- Barristers’ Chambers of the Year
- Best Employer
- Best Use of Technology
- Broker of the Year
- Claims Director of the Year
- Claims Team of the Year
- Commercial Lines Broker of the Year
- Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year
- Counter Fraud Award
- Diversity and Inclusion Award
- Insurance Law Firm of the Year
- Insurer of the Year
- InsurTech Award
- Loss Adjuster of the Year
- Loss Assessor of the Year
- Major Loss Award
- MGA of the Year
- Outstanding Services to the Policyholder
- Outsourced Partner of the Year
- Personal Lines Broker of the Year
- Personal Lines Insurer of the Year
- Rising Star Award
Submission deadline: 18th March 2022
Ceremony date: TBC – Leonardo Royal London St Paul’s
The British Conveyancing Awards recognise the herculean efforts by individuals, law firms and suppliers in the conveyancing sector. Categories include:
- Innovation of the Year
- Technology Enabler of the Year
- “One to Watch” Conveyancer of the Year
- Customer Service Champion
- Outstanding Employees Experience
- Innovation Marketing & Social Strategy
- Client Relationship Team of the Year
- Business Development Champion of the Year
- Risk & Compliance Champion of the Year
- Legal Supplier of the Year
- Conveyancing Collaborators of the Year
- New Build Conveyancing Team of the Year
- Climate Change Ambassador of the Year
- Boutique Conveyancing Firm of the Year
Submission deadline: 11th January 2022 (now closed)
Ceremony date: 15th March 2022 – Hybrid event – in-person ceremony at the stunning Church House in London, simultaneously live streamed via The British Conveyancing Awards website.Visit website
The annual British Legal Technology Awards acknowledge and reward excellence in legal technology and IT security within the UK and international legal sectors. Hosted by Netlaw Media, the 2022 Awards will recognise leadership, innovation and technology as well as the individuals, teams and suppliers transforming the future of legal services.
- Submission deadline: 8th July 2022
- Ceremony date: 10th November 2022 – Old Billingsgate in London
The ESTAS Conveyancing Awards 2022 will showcase the best property professionals for customer service whether they be agents, conveyancers or mortgage brokers, all of whom play a crucial role in helping customers realise their ambition of moving home.
- Submission deadline: 31st December 2021 (now closed)
- Ceremony date: Friday 14th October 2022
LawCareers.Net’s Student Law Society Awards celebrate the hard work of student-led societies across the country who support their members through activities. The 13 award categories include:
- Best at student engagement;
- Best careers event;
- Best social event;
- Best society for non-law students – sponsored by Shoosmiths;
- Best society for first-year students – sponsored by Burges Salmon LLP;
- Best society for commercial awareness;
- Best society for aspiring barristers;
- Best society for mooting;
- Best society for pro bono – sponsored by Reed Smith;
- Best society for welfare (new award alert!);
- Most committed to increasing diversity – sponsored by Baker McKenzie;
- Best law society president; and
- Best law society overall.
Submission deadline: 18th January 2022
Ceremony date: March 2022 – Virtual
The Legal Cheek Awards 2022, sponsored by BARBRI, takes place in-person this year to celebrate law’s finest talent.
- Submission deadline: TBC
- Ceremony date: 24th March 2022 – Landing Forty Two, The Cheesegrater
These awards recognise innovation and for working on game-changing projects and initiatives within the UK’s legal sector. Will will once again celebrate the outstanding achievements of law firms, chambers, in-house legal departments, alternative business structures and legal suppliers.
- Submission deadline: 21st January 2022
- Ceremony date: 29th April 2022 – Virtual
The LexisNexis Legal Awards were launched in 2013 to recognise and celebrate excellence and innovation across the legal sector. They have attracted an increasing number of high calibre entrants each year. The award categories include Diversity and Inclusion, Wellbeing, Legal Services Innovation, Law Firm of the Year, Case of the Year, Deal of the Year, Sustainability, International Team of the Year, Employment Law Team of the Year and a Business Continuity Award.
- Submission deadline: 12th November 2021 (now closed)
- Ceremony date: 30th March 2022 – JW Marriott Grosvenor House, Park Lane, London
The pandemic has highlighted the critical contribution of effective leadership and management to any business. Accordingly, the Managing Partners’ Forum, with knowledge partners Harvard Business Review and the Financial Times, is extending its recognition and praise of management achievement at professional services firms worldwide into a 20th year. The Forum’s Management Excellence Awards involve rigorous independent evaluation of initiatives that show superior business practices, support to clients or community engagement. Over 200 firms located across the world have entered to date, many on multiple occasions.
- Submission deadline: 28th February 2022
- Ceremony date: 15th June 2022 – Virtual
The Modern Law Awards were first launched with the ambition of identifying and celebrating the very greatest talent and success stories in the UK legal sector. The Modern Law Awards are the perfect opportunity for you to showcase and set the benchmarks for best practice in the ever-diverse, challenging and exciting landscape of law.
- Submission deadline: 11th February 2022
- Ceremony date: 6th April 2022 – Madame Tussauds, London
The Modern Law Conveyancing Awards were launched in 2016 in association with Modern Law Magazine. Following a year of uncertainty and doubt, the conveyancing market is proving resilient by pushing through and tackling challenges head on! Though the ambiguity continues, this year will likely be an opportunity to create a sector beaming with positive customer-centric attitudes, new drive and determination, and fantastic innovation. Those firms who embrace the opportunities and challenges are the ones who will thrive in a difficult market place.
- Submission deadline: 22nd September 2022
- Ceremony date: 24th November 2022 – Rum Warehouse, Liverpool
We are very excited to announce that the Awards will take place in June 2022 to celebrate the immense accomplishments, successes and extraordinary achievements of those working in the legal industry. Come together to show solidarity and support to the industry and the many talented individuals working in our firms, companies and organisations across the North of England.
- Submission deadline: TBC
- Ceremony date: 23rd June 2022 – Hilton Newcastle-Gateshead
The People in Law Awards recognise the very best people achievements across the legal industry, welcoming HR, L&D, Recruitment, D&I, Reward, Senior Partners, Managing Partners and other professionals with an interest in the people agenda.
- Submission deadline: TBC
- Ceremony date: 5th May 2022 – Tobacco Dock, London
SME News are delighted to host the Legal Awards 2022! Since its 2019 inception, the Legal Awards aim to continue to highlight and reward the firms and individuals who have showed true excellence, commitment and determination more than ever over the past year across the UK.
- Submission deadline: 21st February 2022
- Ceremony date: April 2022 – Virtual
The STEP Private Client Awards are seen as the hallmark of quality within the private client industry. Open globally to both STEP members and non-members, these prestigious Awards recognise and celebrate excellence among private client solicitors, lawyers, accountants, barristers, bankers, trust managers and financial advisors.
- Submission deadline: 31st January 2022 onwards
- Ceremony date: TBC – Virtual
Returning again in 2022, the SLS Legal Awards showcase the very best of Surrey’s legal talent. Do you have what it takes to be Lawyer or Law Firm of the Year? Will your firm, one of your colleagues or even you be one of award winners for 2022? The 11 categories include:
- Law Firm of the Year
- Lawyer of the Year
- Commercial / Corporate Lawyer of the Year
- Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year
- Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Family Lawyer of the Year
- Paralegal of the Year
- Private Client Lawyer of the Year
- Property Lawyer of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Support Team Member of the Year
Submission deadline: 28th April 2022
Ceremony date: 22nd September 2022
The UK Business Tech Awards celebrate the UK’s finest tech businesses, and reward innovative and exceptional application of technology to transform and grow businesses. The event is a great opportunity to network and celebrate your achievements amongst your peers, friends and colleagues in the tech and legal industries.
- Submission deadline: 1st July 2022
- Ceremony date: 13th October 2022 – Montcalm Marble Arch Hotel, London
The UK Probate Research Awards are back to honour and celebrate the fascinating world of probate research. Categories include:
- Best Probate Law Firm
- Young Wills & Probate Professional Award
- Best Property Clearance Firm
- Best Probate Research Paralegal
- Best Human-Interest Story
- The Unsung Hero Award
- Best Community Contribution
- Best Probate Research Insurance Provider
- Best Private Deputyship Firm
- Best International Probate Researcher of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in International Probate Research
- Best UK Probate Research Firm
Submission deadline: TBC
Ceremony date: 28th April 2022 – One Great George Street, LondonVisit website
The UK Tech Awards celebrate success, reward achievement and raise the profile of the UK tech community.
- Submission deadline: 17th June 2022
- Ceremony date: 2nd November 2022 – Park Plaza, London
The Women, Influence & Power in Law UK Awards 2022 will once again be honouring top female lawyers who have made a remarkable difference in the legal profession this past year – whether in shaping the law, achieving outstanding results for their clients, being an outstanding jurist or assisting those in need of legal services. There are 8 diverse categories open to both law firms and in-house legal departments.
- Submission deadline: 1st December 2021 (now closed)
- Ceremony date: 9th March 2022
Winning awards with Quill
Luqmani Thompson & Partners recently won the prestigious LALY (Legal Aid Lawyer Awards) in the ‘practice management’ category with the help of Quill.Read case study
“We’ve used Quill for the whole lifetime of our company and its advanced cloud technology helps us to operate more efficiently, and keep our back office running smoothly. Similarly, Quill’s outsourced cashiering and payroll services keep our team on the straight and narrow. Now, we’re saving money, time and office space whilst ensuring we can channel our efforts where it has the most impact – representing clients and running our business. And those two things combined help win awards.”