- Home /
- Headlines /
- Webinar: 15-Step Guide to Starting Your Own Law Firm
Webinar: 15-Step Guide to Starting Your Own Law Firm
Posted: 27th October, 2020
It’s a great time to start your own law firm. If you’ve faced redundancy, lack job security or simply re-evaluated your priorities, going solo is the ideal solution as an alternative and rewarding way to earn a living.
That’s why we invite all budding legal entrepreneurs to a special webinar. Taking place on Thursday 12th November at 1pm, learn how to make your dreams a reality by becoming a sole practitioner. By breaking down the practicalities into 15 steps, attend for:
- A handy ebook to starting a law firm, focused on managing matters, compliance and finances
- 10 common mistakes to avoid that put law firms at risk of SRA non-compliance
- Toolkit you need to succeed as a law firm today - guidance on how much to invest in what, and where and when
- Powerful lessons learned from entrepreneurs behind successful law firms
- James Brown, co-owner of Hall Brown Family Law, explaining how he utilised his 15 years’ previous experience at some of the largest law firms in the North West when launching his own practice
- Julian Bryan, Quill’s managing director and previous chair of the Legal Software Suppliers Association, on how to run a business cheaply yet efficiently with quality software and outsourced service support
- David Gilmore, owner of DG Legal, sharing his extensive knowledge gained from the past 20 years assisting law firms to overcome regulatory, management and other operational hurdles
- Joel Topham, qualified Chartered Accountant and senior manager at Sagars Accountants, covering the important subject of legal accounting, accounts rules and general taxation applicable to solicitors
DATE & TIME
Thursday, 12th November
1pm to 2pm GMT
Interested in attending? The webinar is free and registration is required. Book your place today so you don’t miss out.
Unable to attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you a recording of the webinar post event.